Friday, October 25, 2013

APPLE..... APPLE ANYONE?

My computer, Windows based like so many people have, is dying a slow and painful death, and I'm seriously thinking of going MAC with my next purchase.

But I have SO MUCH krap on my laptop that I don't want to lose, so I'm looking for info about Apple machines.  Specifically....

  • What happens to everything on this machine that's DOS-based, like my Word documents, my Excel spreadsheets, etc.
  • Will all my pictures transfer?
  • Same for all my music?
  • Can I still get to Blogger to do my blogs?  (I'm assuming that's a YES)
  • What's the story on viruses?  Do I need my current virus protection software (which has two more years to run)
  • I use Carbonite for my back-up.... will that work on a Mac?
What do I need to know before I switch?  I'm NOT a techie so I don't even have sense enough to ask the right questions.

Anyone with answers, please give me a yell..... and please - share any additional info that I was too dumb to ask about!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

2 comments:

  1. go to kimkomando.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS! I used to listen to her show - why didn't I think of that!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on my posts. Know that if you are profane or threatening, your comments will be removed and you will be blocked. Otherwise, welcome to my blog!