Wednesday, April 6, 2011

INTERNET SHOPPING

OK – I’ll be the first to admit that I’m an avid internet shopper! I like very few things better than sitting here in my bathrobe drinking coffee and spending money. Only one time – due to my own stupidity – have I been scammed, and it was a doozy!

This past weekend, I was Googling away looking for rubber gaskets for jars – the kind that go on those jars with hinged lids. I use those jars in lieu of canister sets ‘cause the tight seal keeps the wildlife out. But my jars were given to me (used) and now the seals are dry-rotting. Hence the ‘shopping’. Well…. I found them at Crate and Barrel – 6 gaskets @ $3.95 – with P&H came to just under $10. Ridiculous, I know but I didn’t have to get dressed and use gasoline, so I look at it as environmentally sound.

But here’s the problem – and it’s two-fold!

First of all, I’ve noticed for the last few days when I go to a website that has adverts (and very few DON’T) – the ads are for my canning jars and SEALS! Now THAT IS CREEPY! And secondly, and this really pisses me off! OVERSTOCK.COM has the damn seals for $2.95 with $3.00 S&H….. well KMA and ruin my day!

1 comment:

  1. Team oboma and DHS are watching your key strokes and reporting your activities to retailers across the WWW!

    Oh and might I add how nice you look sitting there in that robe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on my posts. Know that if you are profane or threatening, your comments will be removed and you will be blocked. Otherwise, welcome to my blog!