Friday, October 9, 2015

THE DONALD TRUMP REVOLUTION

As a Conservative, the last seven years have been very difficult for me.  As a Constitutionalist - they have been pure HELL.  I have watched the 'fundamental change of America' that Barack Obama promised.  I have watched a president rule this nation like a king, rather than a servant of the people, and Congress has made no attempt to restrain him.

In the beginning, the Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate.  There was no way to stop Obama.  Obamacare was signed into law on March 23, 2010.

In 2010, I was thrilled when the Republicans won control of the House of Representatives.  They had campaigned to repeal Obamacare.  Pfffffttttttttttttt.  

In 2012, Obama won re-election, running against a candidate chosen for the Republicans by the press and the Rinos that ran the party.  The Republicans DID pick up additional seats in the House but they were hamstrung because Harry Reid and the Dems still had the majority in the Senate.

2014 - the Republicans took control of the Senate and I breathed a sigh of relief.  FINALLY WE CAN BLOCK OBAMA'S SOCIALIZATION OF AMERICA!   Pfffffffftttttttttttttt!  They have done NOTHING - nothing at all but whine that anything they do will be vetoed by the President.  SO WHAT!  MAKE HIM VETO!  But control of an 'EQUAL' branch of the government by the Republicans has been a waste of time.  

We all know why neither the House nor the Senate will stop Obama's insane power grab.  I will not go there - no need.

That's the backstory, and I know I'm not alone in my angst and anger over what is happening to the country I love so much.

The 2016 election cycle began (and yes, we are perpetually IN an election cycle all the time) and along comes Donald Trump.  I've known who he was forever.  He a businessman who knows how to get things done.  He's made millions of dollars, LOST millions of dollars, and then made millions more.  He's a negotiator, he's confident, he's used to telling people what to do and EXPECTING it to be done.  He's NOT a Washington insider, tho he's worked the system to his advantage.  (Can you blame him?  He's sure not the only businessman to donate to both political parties for his benefit down the road!)

Trump has tapped into my anger with the status quo in Washington.  He makes me feel like maybe there is a chance to save this country.  He's not a politician.  He's using his own money to run for president.  He's positive.... he loves this country.... he sees all the waste in government and that waste is the antithesis of good financial practices.  I believe he can change that.  HE IS A BUSINESSMAN.... we NEED that now - especially now, when 1/4 of all Americans able to work ARE NOT WORKING.  He is a job creator.

TRUMP'S SMART ENOUGH TO SURROUND HIMSELF WITH SMART PEOPLE WHO CAN DO THE HARD WORK THIS COUNTRY NEEDS BECAUSE.....


NO ONE OWNS HIM!!!!!! 

And THAT is why he will get my vote!




1 comment:

Feel free to comment on my posts. Know that if you are profane or threatening, your comments will be removed and you will be blocked. Otherwise, welcome to my blog!